Monday, March 23, 2009

KU Basketball Fanaticism

OK, I know in the thirty some odd years I have followed Kansas basketball that once in a while I get a little critical. Actually it is not pleasant to be around me when I am watching KU. I live and die on every play and most of the time I am totally exhausted after watching. You would think that I played the game myself. My wife thinks I'm crazy but she doesn't understand the passion of being a true fan. I used to be that way with the George Brett led KC Royals of the 70's and 80's but as we all know times have changed for that organization. One year, I believe it was the Chenowith-Gregory led debacle of a team, I actually stopped watching for a while because it was making me ill. So with the NCAA Tournament headed for the Sweet 16 and with the Hawks battling towards a second consecutive Final Four berth please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Oh, and one more thing, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment